The best camper trailer for a family travelling - <span class="highlight">Trak</span> <span class="highlight">Shak</span>?

Submitted: Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 18:02
ThreadID: 80997 Views:12818 Replies:9 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are a family of four and are travelling around Oz next year. We are looking at the Trak Shak at the moment as we like that both beds are off the ground and the quick set up. We are searching for a second hand one but they are extremely hard to come by. Does anyone know of any other camper trailers that would compare and be more available second hand.

Thanks in advance

Peter & Jacqui
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael W - Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 19:01

Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 19:01
Hi Peter & Jacqui

Having owned a Trak Shak and now gone soft and in a caravan, I would have to say keep searching, a Trak Shak is a great camper with so much more room for a family.
Not that you spend that much time inside when on the road, it's always nice to have the room just in case.
Also they are great to set up and easy to tow.
Good luck with your search.
Regards

Michael & Suellen
AnswerID: 428658

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 19:05

Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 19:05
Have you checked the one out in the Trader??

It is located in Victoria and may be suited to your needs.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 428659

Reply By: Member - Jason B (NSW) - Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 20:22

Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 20:22
Hey Jacqui and Peter

We are in the same boat as you guys, a family of 4, we have two girls 5 and 2 and we have just purchased a trak shak and hope to have it delivered next week. We researched far and wide before biting the bullet and we also spoke to a lot of trak shak owners and it was the one that best suited our needs.

One of the things that appealed to me was how much room there is inside them. With 2 young kids it was important that they had room to move on the inevitable rainy days.

Good luck with your search
AnswerID: 428669

Reply By: Member - evren1 (WA) - Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 22:50

Friday, Aug 27, 2010 at 22:50
Petejac,

have you looked at Complete Campsite Camper Trailers. We are currently traveling round Oz in ours and are pretty happy with our choice of camper ! We were leaning towards the Trak Shak also, friends of ours have one and they are a great camper, but we are stoked we got what we got as we love it! Have been on the road 10 weeks now and funny enough, we haven't seen another camper like ours, but are constantly getting fellow travellers (families) wanting a look see and commenting on how great our set up is.

Evan
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 428694

Reply By: Member - Bucky - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 08:44

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 08:44
Trak shak
Never go wrong

New or second hand ?

Cheers
Bucky
AnswerID: 428711

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:55

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:55
I had a Camprite camper trailer and reckon it would have to be one of the best campers for a family of 4. Would have to be arguably the quickest to set up, has all the beds ready made up and is fully off-road capable. Its probably best described as a cross between a hard floor and soft floor - has more room like a soft floor but completely off the ground like a hard floor. Anyway, definelty worth a look when in the market for a quality camper.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 428737

Reply By: cruza25 - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 14:24

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 14:24
http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader.htm

there are a couple here - just keep looking

http://www.adventurecampers.com.au/

we have the adventure pilbara which is good and easy huge queen bed- we have 3 kids

good luck

mike
AnswerID: 428746

Reply By: Member - Geoff H (QLD) - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 16:36

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 16:36
Check out "My Swag" for heaps of info on Camper Trailers.

We have researched that many that I have forgotten half of them, there are lots of good products you just have to find the one that ticks all the boxes for you.

We are presently looking at the Mod Con, but have not made a final decision.

Regards
Geoff
AnswerID: 428762

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 17:29

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 17:29
One thing that people forget when you have both the beds side by side virtually making 1 large bed is that the kiss and cuddle + becomes nigh impossible.
AnswerID: 428768

Follow Up By: Member - Jason B (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 22:07

Saturday, Aug 28, 2010 at 22:07
Stick the kids in the kids cubby underneath and zip them up out of sight, then after your cuddle you can have a bed each :)
FollowupID: 699533

Sponsored Links